Installed onEdit trigger stopped firing












-1















G Suite support directed me to stack to "post a query to the help support line of [their] Apps Script team!" I had no idea... :)



I have a custom script bound to a particular google sheet that I've set to run with an installed onEdit trigger which I installed using the script editor. The trigger has fired for a long time without any issues. Today out of the blue it stopped working. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the trigger to no avail.



Before you ask...yes the code works. It's not that it's running and erroring out (I have the script wrapped in a try...catch with no errors), additionally, an identical script runs just fine on a different sheet owned by the same user. On that other sheet, the installed trigger has no issues.



The issue is simply this trigger does not fire. No logs, no execution transcript, nothing!



Any thoughts? I've considered Trigger Total Runtime quota, but that quota is 6hr/day. I'm nowhere near this. I know because I looked through the log of my executions today (installed triggers run as the owner of the sheet).










share|improve this question




















  • 1





    Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

    – Cooper
    Dec 29 '18 at 1:06











  • The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

    – Rubén
    Dec 29 '18 at 3:22











  • @Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:52











  • @Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:54













  • Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 17:01
















-1















G Suite support directed me to stack to "post a query to the help support line of [their] Apps Script team!" I had no idea... :)



I have a custom script bound to a particular google sheet that I've set to run with an installed onEdit trigger which I installed using the script editor. The trigger has fired for a long time without any issues. Today out of the blue it stopped working. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the trigger to no avail.



Before you ask...yes the code works. It's not that it's running and erroring out (I have the script wrapped in a try...catch with no errors), additionally, an identical script runs just fine on a different sheet owned by the same user. On that other sheet, the installed trigger has no issues.



The issue is simply this trigger does not fire. No logs, no execution transcript, nothing!



Any thoughts? I've considered Trigger Total Runtime quota, but that quota is 6hr/day. I'm nowhere near this. I know because I looked through the log of my executions today (installed triggers run as the owner of the sheet).










share|improve this question




















  • 1





    Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

    – Cooper
    Dec 29 '18 at 1:06











  • The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

    – Rubén
    Dec 29 '18 at 3:22











  • @Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:52











  • @Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:54













  • Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 17:01














-1












-1








-1








G Suite support directed me to stack to "post a query to the help support line of [their] Apps Script team!" I had no idea... :)



I have a custom script bound to a particular google sheet that I've set to run with an installed onEdit trigger which I installed using the script editor. The trigger has fired for a long time without any issues. Today out of the blue it stopped working. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the trigger to no avail.



Before you ask...yes the code works. It's not that it's running and erroring out (I have the script wrapped in a try...catch with no errors), additionally, an identical script runs just fine on a different sheet owned by the same user. On that other sheet, the installed trigger has no issues.



The issue is simply this trigger does not fire. No logs, no execution transcript, nothing!



Any thoughts? I've considered Trigger Total Runtime quota, but that quota is 6hr/day. I'm nowhere near this. I know because I looked through the log of my executions today (installed triggers run as the owner of the sheet).










share|improve this question
















G Suite support directed me to stack to "post a query to the help support line of [their] Apps Script team!" I had no idea... :)



I have a custom script bound to a particular google sheet that I've set to run with an installed onEdit trigger which I installed using the script editor. The trigger has fired for a long time without any issues. Today out of the blue it stopped working. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the trigger to no avail.



Before you ask...yes the code works. It's not that it's running and erroring out (I have the script wrapped in a try...catch with no errors), additionally, an identical script runs just fine on a different sheet owned by the same user. On that other sheet, the installed trigger has no issues.



The issue is simply this trigger does not fire. No logs, no execution transcript, nothing!



Any thoughts? I've considered Trigger Total Runtime quota, but that quota is 6hr/day. I'm nowhere near this. I know because I looked through the log of my executions today (installed triggers run as the owner of the sheet).







google-apps-script google-sheets triggers






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Dec 29 '18 at 2:52









Rubén

10.5k43466




10.5k43466










asked Dec 28 '18 at 21:16









mongoose36mongoose36

660412




660412








  • 1





    Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

    – Cooper
    Dec 29 '18 at 1:06











  • The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

    – Rubén
    Dec 29 '18 at 3:22











  • @Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:52











  • @Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:54













  • Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 17:01














  • 1





    Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

    – Cooper
    Dec 29 '18 at 1:06











  • The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

    – Rubén
    Dec 29 '18 at 3:22











  • @Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:52











  • @Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 16:54













  • Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

    – mongoose36
    Dec 29 '18 at 17:01








1




1





Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

– Cooper
Dec 29 '18 at 1:06





Do you have any other functions in the project with the same name?

– Cooper
Dec 29 '18 at 1:06













The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

– Rubén
Dec 29 '18 at 3:22





The question is too broad as it doesn't include enough details of the context your Google Apps Script project. How many file does it include? How many functions? Do you already tried to debug your function? Have you tried to create a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example?

– Rubén
Dec 29 '18 at 3:22













@Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 16:52





@Cooper, no I don't have any other functions with the same name, but good thought. Although if I did one of them would be executed and I would see something in my execution transcript.

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 16:52













@Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 16:54







@Rubén, thanks for the feedback, but did you even read the post. The "context" of my App Script project is irrelevant because this issue is only happening on this one sheet. There is another identical (from a google app script perspective) but separate sheet that has no issues with the installed trigger. One file (mentioned in the post). Lots of functions, but that has nothing to do with the issue...the trigger is not firing. Nothing to debug since the installed trigger won't fire. Your last point is a good one. I did create a copy and had the same issue. Maybe this is a google issue.

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 16:54















Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 17:01





Update...turns out the issue was Google's because the trigger is working fine today. Strange...

– mongoose36
Dec 29 '18 at 17:01












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function () {
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function () {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function () {
StackExchange.snippets.init();
});
});
}, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function() {
var channelOptions = {
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
};
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
createEditor();
});
}
else {
createEditor();
}
});

function createEditor() {
StackExchange.prepareEditor({
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader: {
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
},
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
});


}
});














draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53964375%2finstalled-onedit-trigger-stopped-firing%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes
















draft saved

draft discarded




















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid



  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53964375%2finstalled-onedit-trigger-stopped-firing%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Mossoró

Can't read property showImagePicker of undefined in react native iOS

Pushsharp Apns notification error: 'InvalidToken'