How to remove Node and NPM completely from Linux Hosting through SSH
I've installed the Node and NPM on my Linux hosting using the following guide: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/manual-installations/installing-node-js-on-managed-hosting-accounts
How can I noe remove it completely from the server?
I tried npm uninstall npm -g to remove NPM but got no error on SSH and Aborted on Terminal.
Then I removed the files with rm -r bin/node bin/npm lib/node_modules nodejs. It has killed the process but at this stage I'm not sure that I've completely removed the Node and NPM from server. As Symbolic link for NPM is already there.
Please help!
node.js npm server cpanel
add a comment |
I've installed the Node and NPM on my Linux hosting using the following guide: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/manual-installations/installing-node-js-on-managed-hosting-accounts
How can I noe remove it completely from the server?
I tried npm uninstall npm -g to remove NPM but got no error on SSH and Aborted on Terminal.
Then I removed the files with rm -r bin/node bin/npm lib/node_modules nodejs. It has killed the process but at this stage I'm not sure that I've completely removed the Node and NPM from server. As Symbolic link for NPM is already there.
Please help!
node.js npm server cpanel
add a comment |
I've installed the Node and NPM on my Linux hosting using the following guide: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/manual-installations/installing-node-js-on-managed-hosting-accounts
How can I noe remove it completely from the server?
I tried npm uninstall npm -g to remove NPM but got no error on SSH and Aborted on Terminal.
Then I removed the files with rm -r bin/node bin/npm lib/node_modules nodejs. It has killed the process but at this stage I'm not sure that I've completely removed the Node and NPM from server. As Symbolic link for NPM is already there.
Please help!
node.js npm server cpanel
I've installed the Node and NPM on my Linux hosting using the following guide: https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/installable-applications/manual-installations/installing-node-js-on-managed-hosting-accounts
How can I noe remove it completely from the server?
I tried npm uninstall npm -g to remove NPM but got no error on SSH and Aborted on Terminal.
Then I removed the files with rm -r bin/node bin/npm lib/node_modules nodejs. It has killed the process but at this stage I'm not sure that I've completely removed the Node and NPM from server. As Symbolic link for NPM is already there.
Please help!
node.js npm server cpanel
node.js npm server cpanel
asked Dec 28 '18 at 20:57
Avtar NanreyAvtar Nanrey
4318
4318
add a comment |
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
This answer may be what you're looking for. The files should be in the same location.
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function () {
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function () {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function () {
StackExchange.snippets.init();
});
});
}, "code-snippets");
StackExchange.ready(function() {
var channelOptions = {
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
};
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
createEditor();
});
}
else {
createEditor();
}
});
function createEditor() {
StackExchange.prepareEditor({
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader: {
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
},
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
});
}
});
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53964218%2fhow-to-remove-node-and-npm-completely-from-linux-hosting-through-ssh%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
This answer may be what you're looking for. The files should be in the same location.
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
add a comment |
This answer may be what you're looking for. The files should be in the same location.
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
add a comment |
This answer may be what you're looking for. The files should be in the same location.
This answer may be what you're looking for. The files should be in the same location.
answered Dec 28 '18 at 22:11
RastalammRastalamm
706821
706821
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
add a comment |
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
Thank you for this. But I've already removed all the files. I think the only thing pending is to remove Symbolic link for npm command. I need help to remove it after removing all the files.
– Avtar Nanrey
Jan 4 at 15:30
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function () {
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53964218%2fhow-to-remove-node-and-npm-completely-from-linux-hosting-through-ssh%23new-answer', 'question_page');
}
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function () {
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
});
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown